Monday, January 12, 2009

Going (almost) solo

Today was the first almost completely normal post-surgery day. It was very nearly like being me again. Jason's dad went home on Saturday morning and Jason went to work today. Hayden did play with my mom a couple of times, but other than that, it was just me and the kids in all our glory.

We started with the dentist, followed by school, cleaning floors, dishes, 6 loads of laundry, stripping kids beds, lunch, nap, shopping, homework, homemade veggie soup with dumplings, baths/showers and bed. Yeah! I'm happy and tired. It feels good to get back to my life a little.

I'm still dealing with Cobra issues, but I'm hopeful they will be cleared up this week. The only question is will it be in time to get my Herceptin on Thursday. Hayden needs to get new AFOs (ankle foot orthotics), but we have to wait until this mess is taken care of.

Let's hope tomorrow is just as successful as today.

No comments: