Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Asking for a favor

Jason sent me an email today regarding the daughter of one of his company's investment bankers. She's applying for a travel internship to help encourage college students to travel abroad as part of their education. I'd like to help her if at all possible. Melissa had to make a video as part of the application because her travels will be aired. Here's the link for the application: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=LZpH6t4W9t0. She's currently a sophomore at LSU.

She needs to get as many hits as possible. I would have loved to do something like this when I was her age and I hope my kids get this kind of opportunity when they are older. Many of you reading this, especially my family, had the opportunity to interact with exchange students over the years. Most experiences are positive, yet we all know of a few that haven't been. If the good programs were publicized more, participation may increase. I wish her luck. Thanks for taking the time to help her out.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hmm - it says that the video is no longer available.

Megan said...

...BUT I got to it by clicking on her user name and then clicking on the vid. She's got good poise!