Friday, March 27, 2009

Many things to update

I've wanted to post since early in the week, but I just haven't had time. Sorry. There has been a lot going on in our neck of the woods, so let me see if I can remember everything.

We finished spring break last weekend. It was such a nice time off from school. We all had so much fun enjoying life and each others company. The girls had a few playdates and sleepovers, we rode to the park, and played outside a lot.

Last Friday, I drove to Fort Worth to attend a conference on Saturday for parents with children who have hearing loss. It was such a great conference. The speakers are wonderful. I attended a class on auditory neuropathy and another one on emerging literacy. Both really were helpful. After the AN class, I am motivated to get the ball rolling on getting a second implant for Hayden.

I met with Dr. Hart last week regarding radiation. She had me come in on Tuesday to do planning. They do a ct scan and plan how I'll need to lie on the table to see what can be done. It was uncomfortable only because I had to have my arms up over my head for a long time. I still have some discomfort in my left arm from surgery. To make sure I'm in the same position each time, they take pictures of my arm placement, use a molded head rest, and tatoo (yes, tatoo) 7 dots on my torso. These are used to line up the lasers to make sure radiation is going to the right place. I'll find out next week if it's a go.

Anna developed strep throat on Wednesday and had to miss school. She was such a trooper even though she was in a lot of pain. Sydney rode the bus for the first time by herself and she took her first ride on her bike without training wheels. She's getting to be such a big girl. Anna went back to school today and we also found out that she passed the TAKS reading test. We are so proud of them!

Lastly, I had another echo today. I won't know the results until next week, but I do know that my heart was still skipping beats. They are looking to see if my EF rate is above 50%. If it's below, as it has been, I wonder what they'll decide to do about finishing my treatment.

No comments: