Wednesday, March 4, 2009

And we wait...

I went to see my oncologist today. I was hoping to hear "lets start back up again" but I didn't hear that at all. She wants me to wait another month. Towards the end of March, I'll have another echo and then see my oncologist on April 1st. I hope to get the okay to start the Herceptin so I can finish it. I still don't know about radiation. I'm going to try to get in to speak to Dr. Hart about that. So, once again, I wait.

Some good news though: Hayden started school today! I found a Mother's Day Out program at the church next to the girls' school. He goes Wednesday and Friday from 9-2. He did great! He went straight to the toys and played. No problems when I left. He napped and ate lunch and played with the others kids. The only issue was he kept wanting to exchange toys. The kids didn't know what to make of that. At least he offered another toy and didn't just take the one he wanted. We have a to work on this a little.

Anna took the TAKS test yesterday. The portion she took was reading. Math is in April. She was really nervous, but felt she did well. I'm sure she did. For non-Texans, this is the assessment test to see if kids are on track.

Sydney and Anna are still doing soccer and having a blast. Both girls did great in their games on Saturday. Sydney actually had 2 games and we were proud of those girls and how they handled it. They were tired by the second game, but they didn't complain much. We all took a nap after lunch that day!

No comments: