Thursday, March 19, 2009

Radiation may be on

I saw Dr. Hart today. She's my radiation oncologist. After talking with Dr. Casimir, they agreed that I can go ahead with the planning stage. Dr. Hart is going to see if we can do radiation and avoid hitting my heart. That's the big concern right now. With my heart compromised, both doctors don't want to further stress it with radiation. They won't know until after I go through planning. I may have to be there longer each day, but I'd still be done in 7 weeks. If they can avoid hitting my heart, then I can do radiation at the same time as Herceptin. This would be great because then reconstruction moves up and I'll be done sooner.

Had I not been Her2+, I may have been able to avoid this altogether, but that just isn't going to happen.

No comments: