Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Twelve Hours and counting

I have just over twelve hours before my surgery. I wrote out this list of things to do on Sunday and have crossed off so little of it. I feel unprepared and anxious about tomorrow. Hayden has an ear infection and has been running a fever off and on since Saturday afternoon. He spent most of the day in my arms. It was nice to cuddle with him knowing that I won't be able to for a while. While I wish that I could have gotten more done, clearly, my time was needed elsewhere.

The girls are almost ready for bed, homework is done, clothes will be put out and backpacks ready for tomorrow. I won't be able to get them to school like I usually do. My father-in-law, Adriaan will be doing that. Adriaan and my mom will be in charge of Hayden. I hope he'll be okay.

Jason will take me to the hospital and stay with me until I'm wheeled away. He should be back before the surgery is over and will stay with me in recovery. I still have to make a list of people he needs to email or call when it's over. Thanks to those that will help spread the word for him!

Well, I need to get the kids ready for bed. I have another hour to get some hugs and kisses in before tomorrow. Wish us luck. I really, really need it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, sweet cousin. I have been to your site mulitple times, and it has ME anxious just watching that count-down clock. I can only imagine what you must be experiencing. We all send our love, our prayers, and more love and prayers. All I can say is when Zack went in for his cranio surgery, I felt peace only in the moment. The waiting is sometimes the hardest. Wishing for you to feel Our Heavenly Father's arms around you, and to know that He is holding Hayden, Sydney, Anna, and Jason too!
Love you so much,
Heather

"And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard you hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:7

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27