Thursday, June 26, 2008

It shrunk!

I had my second ultrasound today to see if the tumor is responding to the chemo drugs and it is!! My tumor was 3.4 cm and today it measured 2.8 cm. I was hoping for more, but it's still over 1/2 cm smaller so I'm still happy. The lymph nodes haven't changed much, but I was told that was normal. So, cancer is still there, but it's going away some. I still won't be able to avoid surgery, but at least the drugs are working.

In other good news, Hayden was approved for his cochlear implant last week. We are now waiting to get our surgery date. Our counselor, Jody Haymond, is trying to make sure we can get a date that works around my chemo. She's been great. I'll post more about the procedure at a later time. It's actually very interesting how the whole process works. So, good news all around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo and PTL on all accounts:) You are so awesome for keeping this Blog, Lisa; it's so great to stay in touch and hear how things are going. Thank you so much! Love to you and the rest of team Doornik :0) ~Heather