Thursday, June 12, 2008

Chemo #2 is done!

This is going to be short because I already feel it coming on. I wanted to share a couple of pictures from the first treatment. One of my dearest friends, Odessa, came with me and helped distract me for 3 hours! She took these for me. Thanks, O!


The second picture is the Adriamycin. It's reddish-orange. Very weird having that go in. I get about 4-5 different bags of fluids on chemo day. Fluid day is only 2-3 bags. The oncology nurses are great and they really care about their patients.


Okay, time to lie down. Actually, I'm going to rest on the couch and watch Shrek the 3rd with the girls. Enjoy the weekend.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Ah yes, adriamycin - Mom has mentioned that a couple of times. It's the one you have to suck on ice chips during, right?

aTXmommy said...

I didn't have to suck on ice chips, but I do drink a lot of water during treatment. It does make me feel better doing that. I'll have to ask about ice.

Megan said...

Yes, Mom said that she liked the ice chips - it made her feel good. She also used a heating pad on her arm, I think, because the drug comes straight out of the fridge (if that's the one I'm thinking of).