Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bald is beautiful!

Okay, I can officially say I survived round 2 of chemo, barely! Dr. Crow, my oncologist, added fluids on the day of chemo as well as the next day which helped me through the weekend. But then on Monday, the nausea hit big time. I was sick all day long. We finally got it under control and, though still fatigued, I am up and starting to do more. I've even started to eat a little.


Well, as many know, chemo can cause one to lose their hair. I am no exception. My hair started to come out 2 weeks after my first treatment. I decided that day to let the girls cut my hair and have Jason shave it down to stubble. So here are some pictures of that wonderful evening.


The second treatment has kicked in the hair loss a bit more. It's more like molting than anything else. I did shave it down a lot more a few days after these pictures were taken. Sydney was the one that didn't like the idea of a "bald mommy", but she's gotten used to it. I thought Hayden would have the hardest time. He used to calm himself when tired or sad by digging his hands in my hair. He will do that sometimes with the wig on, but I don't wear it often. He's used to his bald mommy now. As soon as chemo is done, my hair will start to come back in. Just what it will look like is going to be a mystery!

3 comments:

Cory Granholm said...

Hey Lisa, you look great! I was expecting a bit more of a Telly Savalas look, but this works well, too. I'll give you a call later. - Cory

Anonymous said...

What a little girl's dream... to get to do a 'real' haircut! Way to make lemonade;) Love you lots, and you look really great - probably not how you feel, but you're covering it well. Take care and thanks so much for keeping us in the loop!

Hugs from all of us to all of you, Heather

aTXmommy said...

Well, I'm looking more Telly Savalas each day! I shaved it down even more than what's pictured so the wig would fit better. It's still startling to look in the mirror each day and see how I look. As soon as I get used to it, my hair will start to grow, hopefully!!