Sunday, May 2, 2010

Done!

I am done! Yep, that's right. Known surgeries are done, chemo is done, radiation is done. I am so happy to celebrate my 2 year anniversary as a breast cancer survivor and be done with it all. I still have follow up appointments and medicine to take daily, but I'm cancer free so who cares!

The last reconstruction surgery wasn't as bad as the other 2. It was outpatient, but still a long day. I'm symmetrical and happy! The one thing I've got to still adjust too over the last 18 months is the amount of scars I've got. Each surgery adds to the existing scars. I really wasn't prepared for that, but in the years to come, they should fade and just be faint reminders.

The kids are gearing up for the last month of school. Anna finished TAKS testing last week and I'm sure she did great. Sydney had a wonderful field day on Thursday and Anna will have hers on Tuesday. Hayden's is next Friday. We are preparing for a busy month at school. We have field trips, book fair, teacher appreciation week, science week, and year end testing. Hayden has his ARD for school next year. This is were his teachers, therapist, counselor, and school administration all agree on what our goals are for him. Can't wait. He should be going 5 days a week, up from 3. This will be great.

Jason's birthday is tomorrow. To bad he has to work. We did get to celebrate a little today. We had lunch, did some planting and he got a game and a few books he really wanted. My hope for him tomorrow is to be home before dark!

No comments: