Monday, April 19, 2010

Welcome Spring



























Much has happened since my last post. We recovered from the flu, enjoyed a very relaxing spring break and then spent 3 weeks finalizing details for our spring fundraiser at school. The kids and Jason were very understanding as I neglected them for Camp Springetti. But it was worth it. We netted $71,000. Not too bad for a K-4 elementary school, post-recession by about a week! I won't do it on my birthday again though. My fellow parent volunteers surprised me with a birthday cake and gift. I was totally caught off guard. But I worked so much, I actually forgot it was my birthday the first half hour I was up.

During all that craziness, I was also nominated and elected as next year's PTO president. Don't know what I was thinking! They caught me at a moment of weakness and I had no more energy to fight it. I'm already getting roped into decision making and prep for next school year.

The kids are doing great! Report cards came home a few weeks ago and Anna is on honor roll and Sydney is doing fantastic since getting help for dyslexia. Hayden's speech is exploding. His bus driver says "Girl, he never stops talking!" Too funny!

Easter weekend was beautiful. The kids had a great time at our church egg hunt and the hunt at home. The service was very nice and Jason volunteered with the girls again as greeters. It was just nice to be together for a few days.
Wednesday, I will have what I hope is my last surgery for breast cancer. There is a small chance I may need more, but this is the last known surgery I'll need. It's out-patient and I should be able to drive by Monday. This is the "fixer uper" surgery to make everything aesthetically correct. I'll try to update soon after to let everyone know how it goes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Family Doornik,

Here in Holland it's also a nice Spring day ,we expect this weekend for the first time 20 degrees Celsius,it is nice to see your pictures,give my greetings to all and the best for your children.By the way,my family and I, and aunt Fietje from The Hague,maybe Jason knows her, are planning a trip next year to Adriaan and Jetje ,Texas is unfortunately too far away for us then to visit you.greetings to all ,Robert Doornik&Family