Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter











Today turned out to be a pretty nice Easter, despite a morning of hard rain. The kids did get to have an Easter egg hunt this afternoon. They went to a friend's house for a little while and we found out the Easter Bunny came to our house while I was there to pick them up. ;) Hayden finally started to get the idea of collecting eggs, especially when Anna and Sydney showed him the chocolate candy inside.

We enjoyed Easter service on Friday along with an egg hunt. The kids had a great time as did we. We rounded out the weekend with time with friends and a sleepover. Oh, one of the highlights for the girls was going to see the Hannah Montana movie on Friday. The theater was packed with hundreds of little girls. It was moderately bearable.

I officially started radiation on Wednesday. I had a fine tune planning session on Tuesday where my doctor did some adjustments to the treatment plan. The first session on Wed. took a long time to set up. I have to be in the same position each time, with my torso lined up just so and my hands over my head. By Friday, it didn't take as long. Radiation itself is not that long, about 15 minutes. The technicians are really nice and get the job done. So, with 3 done, I have 33 more to go.

Fatigue is the main side effect. I've been really tired this weekend but I'm not sure if it's the radiation or me. We did some more gardening on Saturday and cleaned out the garage. That was after a couple of hours of shopping with just me and the kids. Let's hope its just my activity level.

No comments: