Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer

Summer is half over and it's been busy. I feel I say that a lot, but really, we are very busy folks. The girls are finishing up the last day of VBS at church. They have had so much fun. Both girls are with friends in their groups and the message, science and water slides have been great. I hope to volunteer next year.

Since Monday of last week, at least one person in the house has seen a doctor each day. The trend continues into next week. Hayden has his Cochlear implant surgery on Monday. We have to be there at 10:30 with surgery at 12:30. He should be done between 3:30 and 4:30. An hour or so in recovery, and barring any issues, we should be able to go home after that. The girls will be with my friend Julie. She watched them last year. Her 2 oldest girls are the same age as mine and they are all good friends. For a refresher on the surgery, go here. For the surgery day pictures from last year, go here.

The next day, while Hayden is recovering, I have treatment and Sydney is getting sealants on her molars. We are supposed to leave for vacation on Wednesday, so I'm trying to get as much in before we go. If Hayden needs another day to heal, we will leave on Thursday. That's one of the perks of a road trip.

Speaking of road trips, it's going to be quite the adventure. Three weeks, 12 states, ~5700 miles, and lots of family and pictures. Three kids, 1 adult. Wait, what am I thinking! Well, I'll just say the chemo messed with my logic and reasoning. Yes, that will work. Anyway, we are going to have so much fun. I've had to cut some of my side trips out. I've got to have us home by 8/13 so I can have treatment the next day. I don't think the kids will mind though. I'll try to update along the way so everyone can see how we are doing. Jason, mom and the dogs will still be home. The kids haven't been away from Jason that long before. I think everyone will be happy once we get back.

Look for an update on Hayden on Monday night/Tuesday morning.

No comments: