Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Party Time

The last week of school before winter break was party time! We started with Sydney's class party on Thursday. The 2nd graders had a lot of fun decorating cookies, making ornaments, playing games and having their book exchange. I had to leave early to go across the parking lot to Hayden's school.













His preschool put on a neat production with the 3s, 4s and 5s. The boys were shepherds and the girls were angels. They replayed the birth of Jesus and sang songs. It was so cute. Hayden looked like many of the other 3 year olds and was bored, but he only called out to me 4 or 5 times! We then enjoyed a wonderful lunch hosted by the school.


Friday, Anna and the rest of the 4th grade had their round robin party. Our room was the story room. The kids had fun that morning playing games, reading, doing crafts and a community project. The project benefited the senior citizens of our community and was such a nice gesture by our students.






Friday evening, Jason and I got all dressed up and headed into Houston to the Museum of Natural Sciences for his company party. There were about 100 guests for dinner and dancing along with a private showing of the Museum's Faberge exhibit. It was stunning! We so enjoyed being out with the kids and had a nice evening.




Right now, we are just enjoying our time together before Christmas. Unfortunately, Anna and I have strep throat and are quite uncomfortable. Honestly, Anna is miserable and I'm getting by as mommies do. Jason's been great taking care of the other 2.

Oh, I almost forgot! I ended my cancer treatment today! Nineteen months and 1 day after starting chemo, I'm finally done with all my infusion treatments. I did it! Yippee! Now, I have surgery in January then on to the maintenance drugs that I take at home. Just 10 more years and then I'm done with it all.

We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. I'll update again soon.

No comments: