Monday, August 10, 2009

WWRT - Days 14 - 19

As of 6:30 pm today, our vacation was unofficially over. I say that because I'm still in a hotel room with my kids, roughly 2200 miles from home. I'm hoping we can make it in 3 days, but I have 4 days set aside to get there.

Tuesday, we spent a wonderful day with my cousin Heather and her kids. We all just talked and played the day away. Heather was so sweet and made an appointment for me to get my hair cut. She knew I wanted to do that when we got home. It was fun to watch our 6 kids just be kids and play with their cousins.

Wednesday, we left Seattle and headed to Yakima. I originally planned on going through Mt. Rainier, but the cloud cover was so low, I didn't think we'd see anything. Instead, we went to Snoqualmie Falls and on through the pass. That afternoon, the kids were swimming at my grandparents' pool with more cousins.

Thursday was sightseeing day! We drove around Yakima and saw the number of houses and schools I spent my childhood in. We had another great afternoon with cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. I love my family!

Friday, we went down into the valley and visited with my Great Uncle Dave and his daughter Donna. Our visit included my Uncle Steve and Aunt Holly. I was lucky to have them along most of our trip. Then, back to the Ryans for more family bonding.

This was party weekend! My cousins had us over for an anniversary barbecue on Saturday. The kids played all over the hill, dogs & cats tried to get in or stay out of the way, and I tried to keep Hayden corralled to the playhouse. The kids found a pretty little kitty that I seriously thought about taking home with us. Today was the 40th annual Paradise Picnic to celebrate the Ryan's 65th anniversary. They aren't my biological grandparents, but they have been in my heart since I was a baby. I'm glad the kids and I could make it. I saw family and friends I haven't seen in 15 years. I also really enjoyed seeing my children play with their cousins the way I did at their age.

I hope the girls remember this trip. It's been long, but worth it. We saw a lot and we aren't even done yet. I wish we lived closer to everyone. Maybe someday.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Yes! Someday(sooneer thatn later?)!

Sally said...

Yikes! Time to STOP commenting! But I've been on such a roll (and have a new google identity account and everything...have to get a new one each time I have time to comment bec. I've forgotten my password - or whatever!).