Monday, August 25, 2008

Firsts





Today was the first day of school for Anna & Sydney. Sydney was teary eyed when we left her in her class, but I know she'll be fine. Her teacher, Miss Branch, was Anna's 1st grade teacher too. Anna was also a little nervous when we left but had her friend Richard sitting next to her in class. She has 2 teachers, Mrs. Valicevic for homeroom and Language Arts and Mrs. Kelley for Math and Science. Both teachers seem really nice. I think this is going to be a great school year.


Hayden had his first mapping session today. This was where he got the external part of the implant, the processor, and it was turned on for the first time. He did great! He kept it on for a good part of the session and has been wearing it since we got home. It's on a very low volume right now, but we are going to try to turn it up several levels before we see the audiologist tomorrow morning. This pictures shows one of the body worn styles. He can also wear this behind the ear when we think he's ready.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I can't believe it's time for school again already! I love back-to-school (now that I don't have to go myself).

So has Hayden been experimenting with sounds now that he can hear them better?

aTXmommy said...

Not yet, but he is taking the processor off and trying to put it on. I think he notices the sound no-sound link when it's on or off.